Sunday 3 January 2016

Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016 . . .

Where does the time go?!  2015 seemed to go by in a flash and I can't believe we are at the start of another exciting new year already.  Last year really was packed.  Here's a reminder of my top moments from 2015 . . .

  •  I went to Peru.  It was amazing.  Expect to see some new work inspired by this adventure later in 2016.

Handweaving in Cusco, Peru.

  • I made a new collection. It's five colourways of wiggly fun accessories!
  • I started collaborating with Dot One and thanks to some amazing press at the end of 2015 we now have a packed order book. 
  • I had some fabulous helpers.  Huge thanks go out to everyone who has interned with me this year; Morwenna, Chinarose, Georgia, Alice and Molly, you guys were fantastic!

2016 starts off with a bang.  I've got lots of weaving to do with Dot One (more on this later in January), our collaboration work will also be on show in 'Simpatico' at Unit Twelve Gallery in Staffordshire from the 7th of January to 26th March. But for now it's the beginning of another term in the academic calendar and I'm back in to Hereford College of Arts to catch up with my students tomorrow.  Let the new year commence! Happy 2016 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment