- I met some famous faces. HRH the Prince of Wales, Celia Birtwell and Emma Thompson. I did my best to contain myself but probably wasn't as cool a cucumber as I think I was!
- I showed my work at MADE London for the 1st time and had an absolute blast with the R&A Collaborations guys and the rest of the makers.
- I went to Peru. It was amazing. Expect to see some new work inspired by this adventure later in 2016.
|Handweaving in Cusco, Peru.|
- I made a new collection. It's five colourways of wiggly fun accessories!
- I started working at Birmingham City University as a Visiting Lecturer.
- I made some one-off pieces for Cambrian Mountains Wool and they went into an exhibition that toured the UK.
- I started collaborating with Dot One and thanks to some amazing press at the end of 2015 we now have a packed order book.
- I had some fabulous helpers. Huge thanks go out to everyone who has interned with me this year; Morwenna, Chinarose, Georgia, Alice and Molly, you guys were fantastic!
2016 starts off with a bang. I've got lots of weaving to do with Dot One (more on this later in January), our collaboration work will also be on show in 'Simpatico' at Unit Twelve Gallery in Staffordshire from the 7th of January to 26th March. But for now it's the beginning of another term in the academic calendar and I'm back in to Hereford College of Arts to catch up with my students tomorrow. Let the new year commence! Happy 2016 everyone!